Red hot Chutney / Red Khara Chutney

Author: kittymatti / Labels:

Red Hot Chutney

This is a versatile chutney. You can make it for using Mysore masala dosa and serve as a side dish for any tiffin item.

This is from my sister Aarthi...

We don't use too much of garlic in our food. I stared making khara chutney by trial and error and finally started making the chutney which my family likes. This is how I make it.

Red Hot Chutney Ingredients

Ingredients:
1 meduim sized onions cut into big cubes
3 medium sized tomatoes
4-5 red chilies
3 tsp oil
1 piece tamarind (the size of a grape)
salt to taste.


Put oil in a pan and saute onions with red chilies. Keep aside. Saute the tomato cubes. Grind the onions, tomatoes, chillies, tamarind and salt together. Put 1 teaspoon of oil in the kadai and bring to boil the puree till it becomes thick (like a spread).

I like to make the chutney thick so that the dosas don't get soggy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys..

Try out these recipes and give me your feedback...

Followers