Mavudu / Vadu Manga / Vadu Mangai

Author: kittymatti / Labels:

Vadu Manga Pickle
Photo Courtesy:My Parents

A lot of ppl in our family make excellent mavudu pickle. My granny's mavudu is very popular. Also my mom has become an expert in making fresh mavudus! She just made them last week :) Here is my mother's recipe

Ingredients:

8 cups mavudu / Vadu managa
3 tbsp castor oil
2 tsp turmeric
3/4 cup table salt
1/2 cup mustard seeds
6-8 red dried chillies

-Take vadu manga and wash well. Wipe completely dry. Smear castor oil and turmeric. Let it soak well for 3 hours. Next add salt. Leave for a day
-Separately soak red chillies and mustard seeds. Drain and grind together to a thick paste and mix together with the mavudus.
-Keep mixing it regularly for 3 days. It will start shrinking.
-Transfer it to a ceramic/ glass container. It is then fit for consumption.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys..

Try out these recipes and give me your feedback...

Followers