Arsi Kozhakattai/ Arsi maavu Kuzhakattai

Author: kittymatti / Labels:

Arsi Kozhakkatai
Photo courtesy:My Parents

My Kamala paati's super recipe :) My chinna paati chithi papa, my mom also make it well. A filling tiffin just like pasta. I call these rice balls. They look like little white marbles topped with molagai podi/ Chutney podi

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups water
1 cup rice flour
3 tbsp grated coconut
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper powder
salt to taste
molagai podi/ chutney podi + oil - for topping

In a big kadai, start boiling water. Stir in oil, coconut, salt and pepper. Add the flour and mix constantly in med flame till the rice flour is almost cooked. Preferably close and cook for a while in low flame. Smear oil in your hands and roll out the sticky dough into marble sized balls. Steam these balls in idly plates for 10 min. In a plate add oil + molagai podi. Roll these balls over the plate such that eat ball gets a good coating. Serve them hot. However, you can serve them plain like how they look in the pic...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys..

Try out these recipes and give me your feedback...

Followers